Leading up to our New Members Class this past Sunday, Todd – one of our elders – preached again on the importance of church membership. If you haven’t been convinced of the importance of church membership, I ask you to examine these 5 scriptural reasons for Church membership with me.
1) Believers should join a church for the sake of non-believers, in order to be a strong witness.
2) Believers should join the church for the sake of growing Christians. Just as Christians set an example to unbelievers, growing Christians need to be surrounded by stronger Christians so they may have an example follow.
3) Christians should join a local church for the benefit of all believers.
4) Christians should join a church for the sale of church leadership. 1 Peter 5:1-4 is an oft-referenced passage to detail the role of a pastor. Without church members, church leaders cannot fill their God-given roles.
5) Finally, and most importantly, believers should join a church for the sake of Christ. Remember the church isn’t man’s idea, it was thought up and created by God. Ephesians 1:22-23 reads, “And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.”
If you need a church to join, consider visiting Grace Community in Berea, KY. It would be our pleasure to welcome you!