The Risen King is victorious over death. (Luke 24:1-8)
- How did the truth of the resurrection change the way these followers of Christ viewed His life and work? What does the resurrection mean for our own understanding of Jesus and His mission?
- What role do the emotions of awe, wonder, and joy play in our sharing the good news of Christ’s death and resurrection?
The risen King is recognized by the disciples and validated by Scripture. (Luke 24:36-49)
- Why do we experience moments of doubt even as we believe? What difference does it make to our faith that Jesus comes with such graciousness in our doubting?
- Jesus connected His death and resurrection and the church’s mission to the fulfillment of Scripture. How does the truth that our mission is grounded in all of Scripture mobilize an motivate us in our work for the kingdom?
The risen King is enthroned and exalted over all creation. (Luke 24:50-53)
- Why do you think the church does not give much attention to the ascension?
- Why was the ascension a turning point for the disciples in relation to their mission? In what ways can the ascension similarly affect the church today?
From The Gospel Project: God’s Story, Part 2.