This sermon was delivered by one of our elders, Todd Strouse.
Text: Luke 22:14-20
Date: November 30, 2014
The Big Idea: The Lord’s Supper Symbolizes for us several Gospel truths.
“I have EARNESTLY DESIRED to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.” – Jesus
- It is symbolic of the death of Christ. (Verses 19-20)
- It is symbolic of our participation in the benefits of His death. (Verse 19)
- It is symbolic of our faith in Christ. (1 Corinthians 11)
- It is symbolic of our unity as Believers. (1 Corinthians 10:17)
- It is symbolic of what is to come. (Matthew 26:29)